May 2-3, 2017
Registration is now open!
Lodging is available at Stonewall Resort. Please contact Stonewall Resort at 304-269-7400 or toll-free at 888-278-8150 to make reservations . Reservations may also be made online.
Academy Steering Committee
The steering committee consists of land use leaders in West Virginia who have tirelessly promoted land use planning in their respective communities and throughout the state. As their input is invaluable, they were asked to serve in helping plan the inaugural Mountain State Land Use Academy. Members of the Steering Committee helped identify participants who are also local land use leaders in order to create a strong network of people interested in planning in West Virginia. The Committee also provided key input on the conference agenda so that it reflected the main issues concerning planning within the state.
The steering committee includes the following people:
- Brooks McCabe, Former West Virginia Senator, District 17
- Michael Dougherty, West Virginia University Extension Professor and Specialist
- Christopher Fletcher, Director of Development Services, City of Morgantown, and
President of the West Virginia Planning Association
- Patricia Hamilton, Executive Director, West Virginia Association of Counties
- Kelly Nix, Assistant Professor and Leadership Specialist, West Virginia University
- Timothy Stranko, General Counsel to the West Virginia Municipal League
- Shane Whitehair, Executive Director, Region VII, Regional Planning and Development Council